Life is up and down, but with Jesus I'm flying high!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
the kind of parent I am/will be
When it comes to setting rules and expectations with your kids, you're the grownup and you know what's best. And since this is the case, it's not really necessary to always explain the logic or rationale behind your rules and expectations. you're also scrupulously fair: you do your best to apply your standards equally to each child. Parents who take this approach believe that it's important for parents to make decisions for their kids and that, generally, rules and expectations shouldn't be open to discussion.
No Monkey Business No doubt about it: You're strict! In your opinion, kids need to be told what to do and how to do it. The approach you take to discipline is firm and direct. That's what's best for your kids, since being firm helps them understand who the boss is, and helps them respect and obey the important rules you establish. When your kids step out of line, you make sure there's an appropriate punishment - not that you enjoy punishing them, and you try never to be too harsh (or too lenient, for that matter). Parents who answered like you indicate that sometimes, spanking is an appropriate form of discipline.
I am a wife, a MOM, a daughter, a sister,a granddaughter, a sister in law, a daughter in law, an aunt and a friend! My husband and I have been married for over 10 years and together for almost 13. He is my best friend and the most wonderful man i have ever met! He is an amazing daddy to our son, Elijah!! I truly could not ask for more. Our son, Elijah is 2 and a half and he is the sweetest, most precious little boy we could have ever asked for! I LOVE being a mommy to him!!!! Being parents to this precious little guy is more than we could have ever asked for. He is amazing and truly our little angel sent directly from our Lord above. God does answer prayers! Now in November we will be having our second little boy, Jackson! We are truly blessed parents and will always be so thankful for these amazing boys! We want to raise our guys to know and love Christ the way we do and to have the peace that we will all one day be in Heaven with Him! I truly love my Saviour and am so thankful for everything He has done for me. Anything else you want to know just ask!
1 comment:
even though you posted this last night...its the 11th and i'd like to say happy one month E!! We all love you very much!
Post a Comment