so the nurses kept him for the night and brought him to me several times to nurse and he did really well... the pediatrician released him to us around noon today and said he was waiting on cultures to come back tomorrow but he is pretty sure he is just fine... so we are not worried and God is good. i am so glad the are taking the precautions though... i dont want to go home and not know what is wrong if a problem arises. thanks for the prayers and words of encouragement. Baby E is doing great and is gorgeous! we love him so much..
Monday, January 12, 2009
update on baby E
hey guys. Elijah is just fine... he was born with a fever because my water broke 16 hours before he was born. and so they put him and I on antibiotics (him for 48 and me for 24) to make sure there was no infection. he also was born not breathing great... he would scream but they were short screams and he sounded like he was struggling for breath. i could hear it and knew something was wrong and i kept asking why he sounded like that and what was wrong... well they checked him out and did a chest xray to see what was going on with his lungs. they thought he had pneumothorax.... an airpocket popped due to pressure in the birth canal and it was on the outside of his lung... so they monitored him from about 2:30 to 5:30 and i finally got to have him and nurse him for the first time. they brought him to me cuz he was starving LOL...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




7 comments:
Thanks for sharing. That would have scared me too. I am glad both of you are doing well now. We will continue to pray for you. He is a beautiful baby boy. So cute. I love the mohawk too.
That's scary! I'm so glad he's okay now. I hope you guys get to go home soon. Take care! And get some rest while you can.
We will be praying for sure! God has kept him safe this far...no stopping Him now! I'm glad that you are getting your rest...now comes the FUN part!! You'll be terrific at it!!!!
Congrats!!! He is definitely in God's hands and those are the best ones!
Love ya
so glad he's doing better...he's a trooper! wade and i will always be saying prayers for your family!
I'm so glad it looks like he's going to be just fine. Hope you are healing well!
My comment erased!! boooo
I am so glad that Elijah is doing much better and you guys are home! I am sorry he cried so much but that will get better!!! Enjoy this precious time with your son, it will go by all to fast.
Thanks for giving me a nephew, I love him soooo much!!!!!
Oh yeah and I'm so glad you guys are parents now! lol
Love, Aunt Michelle
Post a Comment