after reading a post from my friend jenny and from another fellow blogger it made me want to post something really quick. being a mom is the hardest job ever... and like she said yes us mom's need to always be on the same team, help each other out, and lift each other up. i have always been around babies and have seen how well my mom took care of them and learned so much. but being a mom brings my insecurities out. after i put him down for a nap i wonder if he is cold and check on him more than once, at night i wonder if it's too dark for him, if he ate enough, if he needs another blanket, should i turn the fan on or off?? etc.... it can make you crazy. but in the end he is fine and i can relax, until it's time to do it all over again! if i sat and thought about all the things i could do wrong in the next 18 years i would go insane for sure! i just pray that God holds our hands along the way and helps us to make the right decisions for our son and any other future children we have. it's a scary world out there!
while i was rocking him it made me sad to think that when he is older he wont remember me sitting there holding him and patiently waiting for him to stop crying. he wont remember the sleepless nights that i had when he would want to be awake, or when he was sick. he wont remember any of the sacrifices that i made for him, not that i need to be repaid for it. i love being a mom, but it makes me sad to know that he is going to be growing away from me as each year passes, he will need me less and less. dont get me wrong, i want him to grow to be a strong, godly man, but i also want him to know how much i love him and that i did everything and would do anything for him. do you know what i mean? i am just rambling... but it was just something i was thinking about... i know my mom took great care of me but i dont remember all the sacrifices she made for me. now i have an idea of what she did for me!!! :) maybe one day my son will realize that i would never trade being a mom for anything in the world, and i would give my life for him in a heartbeat...
to all you mom's out there i just want to say--Keep up the good work! what works for you may not work for every mom-- but keep blogging about your techniques cuz new mom's like me need as much advice as I can get!!! :)
i would also like to say that my heart truly goes out to any mom's that have lost a child. i could not even imagine the pain. words can not express the sadness i feel when i hear about a mother losing a precious child. I may not understand what you are going through, but I am here for support in any way that you need it. My prayers are with you.




4 comments:
That was sweet Kristen! Very true. Being a mom now I appreciate my mom every day for loving me the way she did. I know I kept her up during the middle of the night and drove her insane too. It makes me giggle now and I am sure it makes her giggle now too to know that I am doing the same thing she did. Every time that either of my babies throw fits she and I just laugh together. It is a sweet moment. She always reminds me "this too shall pass." And it does. They get older but it is fun watching them grow! You are doing a great job by the looks of that healthy sweet little man!
You're right Kristen, Elijah won't remember all those nights that you were up with him but he will always know that he is loved. You are a terrific Mother and Elijah is a lucky boy to have such a loving and caring Momma like you. We may not always know the right things to do but at least we try to do what is right...And that is all that matters.
It is so weird to be a Mom because I finally understand why my Mom would always tell me that she loves me so much it hurts. Loving your child is the most awesome feeling in the world. There is no love like it.
I totally agree...Elijah definitely knows he's loved, and that he can trust you. I know I sometimes feel like I'm not doing enough, or if I'm not doing something the right way when it to raising my kids, it's a hard job!
Just know that kids will not always remember the things WE want them to remember. LOL!!! But, they'll know that they're loved and taken care of.
I laugh now because my mom used to tell me, " I hope you have kids just like you, just wait!!" And, wow, if I was just like Morgan and Emily, I feel sorry for my Mom! hahaha! Our kids will have no idea what we did for them until they have their own, no doubt!!
You should be so proud of yourself, Kristen. You're baby boy looks so happy!
aw you guys are so sweet. and each one of you are wonderful moms! :)
like i said- your ways may not work for me but keep blogging about them!!! i need help too! :)
i love hearing stories from all of you. as moms we have to share! :)
have a wonderful weekend you guys. thanks again for the sweet words
Post a Comment